Muay Thai is the oldest known form of kickboxing and is the primary building block of all other forms of kickboxing.
Champion’s Creed has a boxing ring that they use for Muay Thai training.
Whether you want to learn for fun, fitness, or self-defence, Champion's Creed has qualified and experienced instructors that can teach you everything you need to know to get started.
1) Muay Thai originated in Thailand during the Medieval period as a form of hand-to-hand combat in times of war.
2) Muay Thai consists of eight weapons: elbows, fists (strikes), knees, and legs (kicks).
3) Muay Thai has been the fastest growing martial art in the world for the last 80 years.
4) Muay Thai is over 2,000 years old.
5) Training gear for Muay Thai includes padded gloves, hand wraps, and shin guards.
6) Hand wraps are used in Muay Thai to stabilize your wrists and protect your knuckles.
7) Muay Thai is an excellent cardio workout, and it’s great for toning arms and shoulders.
8) Muay Thai is the most common striking style used in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
9) Muay Thai uses the body to mimic weapons of war (for example, in Muay Thai your hands mimic a sword or dagger).
10) Muay Thai’s technique is taken from the more lethal art of Muay Boran, which has fewer rules and uses the head as a weapon.
“The experience has been so positive, in fact, that now I have two children enrolled here.” -Rick Landry