Have a Great Long Weekend!
Champion's Creed is closed Monday, Sept 3rd for Labour Day.
We'll see you back on the mat Tuesday, Sept 4th, 2018, when our regular schedule resumes.
Fun Facts About Labour Day
Labour Day in Canada is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honours the Canadian labour movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country.
- Labour Day in Canada began in 1872 in Toronto but quickly made its way south to the U.S.
- Originally, Labour Day began as a significant demonstration demanding rights for workers.
- The average Canadian commute is 26.2 minutes.
- Since 1996, the number of commuters has risen from 3.7 million or 30.3 percent to 15.9 million in 2016.
- Historians say the expression “no white after Labour Day” comes from when the upper class would return from their summer vacations and stow away their lightweight, white summer clothes as they returned back to school and work.
Source: Statistics Canada
For More Information, Visit Our Class Schedule Posted: Monday, August 27th, 10:15am a year ago